Natural Resources & Conservation
- Lubbock Chamber of Commerce Water-Smart Task Force
- High Plains Water District
- Texas Well Owner Network
- Texas Water Resources Institute
- High Plains Underground Water Conservation District
Created in 1951, the High Plains Underground Water Conservation District provides for the conservation, preservation, protection, recharging, and prevention of waste of ground water stored in the Ogallala aquifer within the boundaries of the district. The district serves residents in a 7.5 million acre service area consisting of all or part of 16 Southern High Plains Counties.
Contact High Plains Underground Water Conservation District:Jason Coleman, email@example.com
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- The USDA - Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) provides conservation planning and technical assistance to individuals, groups and units of government. NRCS, working in cooperation with the local soil & water conservation districts, assists landowners in addressing natural resource concerns, including soil erosion, water quality and quantity, overgrazed pastures, and air quality.
Contact NRCS: Quenna Terry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact TAWC: Samantha Borgstedt, email@example.com