The Chamber recognizes the evolving changes in the nationwide workforce and understands the importance of an inclusive workplace. The Summit will focus on creating Better Business Through Diversity.
The Diversity Summit will kick off with a luncheon and keynote speaker Heather Lemke, Senior Vice President of Human Capital for UnitedHealthcare. In 1994, Lemke received her Psychology degree from St. Cloud State University and the past 18 years she has played an instrumental part in talent and recruitment sector for UnitedHealthcare.
Following lunch, the Chamber will provide a series of breakout sessions for business leaders and employees to engage and learn of ways to improve upon its workplace culture.
The topics include:
- “Did I say something wrong?” – How Effective Communication Fosters Inclusion
- Owning and Elevating Your Seat at the Table: Women in Leadership
- Veterans in the Workplace, Issues and Opportunities to Help
- Peeking Behind the Cloak of Invisibility
- “What is the importance of diversity in law enforcement and how does it help us connect and engage our communities?”
- Recruiting and Retaining a Diverse Workforce
The Diversity Summit is one of the many ways the Chamber is actively working towards a pro-growth, pro-business climate for job creators as it facilitates discussion and provides resources and opportunities for businesses and people to connect, learn and grow.