YEA! classes meet November through May, for three hours weekly. There are no classes during regular school holidays and recesses.
(Most class days are held on Tuesday's from 4-7 p.m.)
- 10/23/2018 Weekly Classes Begin
- 2/12/2019 CEO Round Table Event
- 4-5 CEOs are invited to share their entrepreneurial story. Members of the CEO Roundtable have the opportunity to offer guidance, and give direction to the class. This experience will have a significant impact on the YEA! students as they launch and run their own business.
- 4/2/2019 Investor Panel Presentation Event
- YEA! students pitch to a panel of local investors in order to obtain funding for their new businesses and social movements.
- 4/2/2019 Saunders Semi-Finalist Named
- In addition to awarding start-up funds to students on the evening of the investor panel, panelists will select the business group that will represent the Lubbock community at the Saunders Scholars Semi-Finals Event. The Saunders Semi-Finalist will be judged on their presentation, the merit of their idea, the likelihood of success.
- 5/3/2019 Saunders Competition in Rochester, New York
- At the National event held in Rochester, New York all local semi-finalists from around the country will present to a panel of judges. The six groups with the highest scores will advance to the finals, where students are vying for college scholarship dollars and business prize packages.
- May (TBA) Media Meet & Greet Event
- YEA! CEOs met with local reporters, news anchors, producers, editors and communications professionals to learn how to use the power of today’s media to leverage the stories related to their own businesses.
- 5/14/2019 Graduation Ceremony
- YEA! celebrates our newest CEOs and all that they have accomplished throughout the year.
- 5/11/2019 YEA! Trade Show Event
- CEOs will reveal their new start-up businesses to the public and sell their products and services.
2/5/2018 2018-2019 Applications Open