About the Academy
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) teaches middle and high school go-getters how to start and run their own, REAL businesses.
Celebrating the Spirit of Enterprise and Innovation
Founded in 2004 at the University of Rochester with support from the Kauffman Foundation, YEA! has helped more than 4,000 students nationwide launch over 3,000 businesses and social movements. The Lubbock Chamber of Commerce is excited to introduce YEA! to our community with its inaugural class for the 2016-17 academic year.
Make a Job—Don’t Just Take a Job!
YEA! guides students through the process of fulfilling their very own American dream. By bridging the business and educational communities students are taught by trained instructors, and are exposed to guest lecturers, successful entrepreneurs and mentors. Over the course of the program, students:
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Write a business plan
- Interact with business professionals
- Attend field trips for an behind-the-scenes look at local businesses
- Pitch their business plan to local investors for startup funding and the opportunity to advance to regional and national competitions.
- Legally register their businesses
- Participate in a local YEA! Trade Show
- Launch and run their own business or social movement
- Graduate from the program with lifelong leadership and business skills